Setu Bandasana is a Sanskrit word. ‘Setu’ means dam or bridge and ‘banda’ means a lock. Setu bandhasana can be both restorative posture and dynamic way of practice.
- Lie supine on the floor. Keep a thick blanket or something like that under the shoulder to protect the neck.
- Bend the knees and fix the feet on the floor, heels close to sitting bone.
- Lift the tailbone upwards towards the pubis. Claps the hand below the waist and stay on the tops of the shoulder.
- Lift the buttock until the thighs are about parallel to the ground, calves are perpendicular to the floor. Lengthen the tailbone towards the backs of knees, lifting the pubis towards the navel.
- Lift up the chin little-bit away from the sternum and pull up the top of the sternum towards the chin.
- Stay on the pose observing the respiration and sensation for 1 minute or more.
- Slowly, release the pose.
ü Improves blood circulation and digestion.
ü Calms nervous system, alleviates stress and mild depression.
ü Stimulates thyroid, parathyroid, lungs, heart, and belly.
ü It is therapy for hypertension, osteoporosis, and sinusitis.
ü Relieves asthma, high BP, menopause.
Lower back sensitivity, the shoulder injury and a Neck-injured person should practice only under the supervision of experienced yoga master.
Yoga is the medium to open the blockages in our body. Blockages can create many diseases in our body. Cancer is also a disease which is incurable by the medical science. Cancer can multiply the viruses very secretly in our body. The medicine cannot control the symptoms of cancer. Nowadays the first and second stages of cancer can be healed by the chemotherapy but there is no certainty in the recovery. Positivity plays the role to heal cancer. Our attitude should be pro-active. Yoga plays the role to be positive and to bring the oxygen every cell of our body which is very beneficial for cancer.
Cancer is the disease which is defined one of the fatal diseases. In the cancer disease, the cells are divided unnecessarily so they form tumors in our body. Some tumors are solid and some are in liquid form. The first factor we have to understand is that yoga can prevent cancer if we do it regularly in our life. The second factor is that yoga can minimize the rate of spread of cancer cells in our body. Yoga can be very effective to make it less harmful to the cancer patient. If we continue our treatment in the hospital with regular yoga, pranayama, and meditation, the rate of curing cancer increases.
We can find many cases of curing cancer by yogic lifestyle. The yogic way of living can be the best choice of the people, who are suffering from cancer. In a yogic way, there are many factors i.e. food, thinking, behaving, watching, talking, seeing and many more. If we change our perception, we can be healed. Spiritual philosophy can also play the role to be cured of cancer. Only one way is not enough for the cancer patient to be healed. They should apply the holistic way of healing. They should work in many dimensions. We have to make a complete package to heal our cancer. We have to drink the juice of wheatgrass and eat organic food as possible as we can. The natural way of living is very effective part of healing.
How yoga play the role to cure cancer?
- By reducing the stress: It is very common to be in stress after cancer attacks us. Yoga is helpful to reduce the stress of the disease we have. Yoga teaches us that this body is not our real self. We are different from our body. If we can take our body as a separate part of the self, our stress converts into the joy. Yoga is the best remedy for any type of stress and discomfort and any of mental restlessness.
- By reducing weakness of the body:Yoga can help us to be strong from inside. When cancer attacks our body, we feel very weak and cannot work hard and for the longer period of time. Yoga gives us the vitality and strength to cope with cancer. If we feel physically strong, we can maintain our mental state.
- By improving sleep: Cancer is the disease which is considered as a fatal disease so people think so much about it and take unnecessary stress in their mind and they lose their sleeping capacity. Yoga is very good healer of insomnia. Yoga definitely improves our sleeping and makes us strong from our inside.
- By making us physically strong: Cancer is the disease which can make our body weak. When our body becomes weak, we start to lose our hope to survive. Yoga is the best way to bring our inner power naturally. Yoga can give us the new strength in our body. The strong body can be the source of mental strength. Mental strength leads us to the positive attitude. Positive attitude leads us to the healthy body.
We have to accept ourselves after suffering from cancer. We have to accept our life with cancer and then we can work to be free from cancer. We have to search the way to be rid of from the disease from which we are suffering. There are many alternative ways to heal cancer and we can find many examples in the world of curing by cancer. If we analyze deeply being free from everything, we surely find the way. Our attitude should be changed for the first time. Sometimes, the most beautiful gift can be hidden in the form of misfortune.
Yoga is not the medicine for cancer but yoga can be the way of getting rid of cancer. Here, yoga is the border aspect of our life. Yoga is not only the poses, pranayama, and meditation but also full of philosophy. Yoga is helpful to make strong our body. Yoga increases the immune system. The immune system is the main factor to heal any disease. If our immune power becomes strong than the virus of the disease, the disease can be healed from our body.
Yoga is the way of being strong by mentally. Yoga increases the self-esteem and self-motivation to heal the disease. The half of the part of the disease is related to our psychology. If our psychology becomes strong, our body can create a lot of immune cells in the blood. The immune cells can fight with the multiple cells of cancer.
By relaxing the body, yoga helps our body in many ways. The meditation is the best way to heal all the diseases. Meditation maintains the balance of our body and keeps the harmony between our body and mind. Yoga by its meaning is to join the self with the higher self. The universe has its healing power. If we can connect with the source of the higher self, we can surely be healed.
Yoga widens our range of knowledge of the existence and many other philosophies of life. Our concern goes to the higher level. We don’t become worried about our illness only. Our aim doesn’t remain in the limited area. We can cross the limitation of our life. We can be free from the attachment of the life and other relevant subjects. We can visit many countries with full of joy. We can be the ruler of our life. We can think that cancer is the bliss of our life because we can experience many aspects of our life which wouldn’t be able to experience without being the victim of cancer. Really, we are not the victim of cancer; we are the owner of our health. Health is received by the yogic way of living. Yoga gives the greatest goal in our life to make it meaningful by doing something different in this world.
We can make our life meaningful by helping the people who are in need. We can help the people to live with the knowledge of the real life, knowledge of the whole universe and much more about nature. We can convert our curse into the bliss by applying yoga in our life.
Yes, it is the reality that cancer is a fatal disease but it is also real that cancer can be healed by yoga, yogic lifestyle, and yoga philosophy. Yoga cannot heal cancer 100 percent but if someone can go deeper into yoga, he or she can make their life beautiful and meaningful.
The meaning of yoga is to ‘unite’ or ‘to link’. Really, Yoga is the medium to join ourselves with the higher self. There are many selves who want to meet with one and only supreme self. Just like the river which flows to reach to the sea, we born and reborn for the purpose of getting oneness with the universal self.
It is not fixed when yoga was invented but the word yoga is used at the first time in Rig Veda. We find that yoga has very old history and has been teaching between Guru and Sishya (Disciple) tradition for many centuries. In the past, the way and purpose of teaching of yoga were different. Now, yoga is teaching many dimensions of our life. Yoga becomes very specialized that there are many types of yoga teaching according to the desire of the person.
Patanjali managed yoga in 8 limbs and described as the medium of salvation. He gave the formulae of yoga in different categories. There were very few Yogis who knew yoga in the traditional time. Yogis were not available commonly in the villages and towns. A disciple should search his Guru for many years. When he met with Guru, Guru didn’t teach him yoga directly. Guru took his exam of his patience for many months even for many years.
If the disciple dared his Guru even Guru scolded him, gave him the brutal punishment he could be the candidate of yoga learning. Guru taught one pose for the one time and told the disciple to practice yoga for many months when he did not become perfect in particular pose. If the disciple became perfect in one pose, Guru taught another. In this way, it was very difficult to learn yoga in the ancient time. This kind of practice can be found in the Himalayas at the present time. That is the traditional way to learn yoga.
The traditional way of learning yoga is very effective to attain salvation. In the ancient time, the only one purpose of yoga was to get enlightenment. The student or disciple should search yoga Guru for long period of time so yoga had the great value. It is a saying that if a disciple stays with the Guru to learn yoga, in 12 years he becomes enlightened but nowadays that can’t be true. We can see many yogis who regret the contribution of their time and practice in yoga because they can’t find the achievement that they want.
Yoga was introduced by Swami Vivekananda in the western culture. Slowly, yoga becomes the highly popular in the western culture. They started to research in yoga and found the health benefits of yoga. Nowadays most of the persons do yoga for their healthy life. Yoga is very useful for the mental and physical health. Yoga is also the best way to peace and harmony in the world. Now, people are frustrated with this worldly busy life. They want to live another way of their life. They want to make yoga as a lifestyle because yoga is the only way to live our life without stress and tension.
Yoga becomes very easy to learn. It is not bad that yoga becomes common in the world but some traditional features of yoga should remain unchanged. We have to be careful to maintain the classical pattern of yoga with the modern ways.
Yoga was not very common like in these days in the ancient time. Yogis were very wise and intellectual but very simple. They have established a different civilization in the history of human beings. The system of teaching and learning was vastly different than that is at this time. The respectfulness of the student to the Guru was very deep. Students helped Guru for the daily works of cooking, grazing cows etc.
Students could get the vital knowledge from the Guru by his respectfulness. How much the student was obedient to the Guru, he could get more secret knowledge from Guru. Guru never became biased to the students. Guru wanted the passion for learning from the students. If the student showed his deep interest in any subject, Guru taught him the knowledge with full of his effort.
Yoga was the secret knowledge in the traditional way in the ancient time. So, most of the person misunderstood the meaning of yoga. Yoga was meant to be the way of leaving home for the sake of being Sage. There was not good impression about yoga in the society in Nepal and India. People didn’t understand the benefits of yoga and they thought that doing yoga is to be a sage who begs for his livelihood.
Now, the concept has been changed and many people want to do yoga for their healthy and happy life. There are many places in the world, where we can learn yoga but Nepal and India are the countries from where yoga began. The most important places for yoga are the mountainous areas where many yogis are meditating even now. The energy of this place can attract all of the persons from the world.
If we respect the yogis from the ancient time, we can get the energy from them. They established the tradition of yoga in the society but that becomes only the superstition, we can’t save the inner purpose of yoga in our society. Now, the superficial aspects of yoga are remained. The main aim has been disappeared. So, we have to be careful to save the vital part of our tradition which was originated by the wisest sages of the ancient time who are our ancestors.
This is the age of science so we have to find out the scientific value of our tradition and reform them as they were in the past. What was the main function of the tradition? We have to search the answer of this question. Our tradition of Hindu culture is scientific and that is the yogic lifestyle in our life. We have to make yoga as our lifestyle like in the ancient time by analyzing them. We have to remove all the negative sides of our traditional way of yogic lifestyle and establish scientific traditional yogic lifestyle for this modern age.
We are very lucky that we can get the chance to learn yoga very easily so we have to utilize this opportunity to establish a peaceful, beautiful and harmonized world as in the ancient time. We can unite the whole world by yoga. If we can make yoga as our tradition, the world will become the heaven, which was the dream of great sages in the ancient period.
Happiness is a feeling that arises when you hear know something good is being happened. When you get what you desire, you will be happy. Getting chance to stay with a favorable person makes one happy. But the company of unflavored person makes sad. Desired behavior and activities from the people around our surrounding make us happy. But if people show their unwanted behavior and activities, it snatches our happiness. If we see any good thing, it makes us happy. Achieving success makes one happy. We always want good, nice, beautiful, and so on. As and when we happened to get contact with unwanted issue or matters, we become unhappy. Our happiness is depending on these external matters and issues. These things have become the key to lock or unlock our happiness. However, these keys are not under our control. So, happiness, aroused from external situation and matter, is not under our control. So, this type of happiness, acquired by external matters and issues, is not real happiness. The happiness which is ephemeral cannot be a real happiness. The happiness which is eternal, which does not get affected by an external situation, which has nothing to give and take in outside environment; such happiness is considered to be the real happiness.
There is some biochemical process when we are happy. There is happiness hormone released during our happiness. The important happiness hormones are endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine. When we come to the contact of happy news or circumstances, these hormones start activating. And secretion of these hormones makes the person happy. So, the real cause of happiness is secretion of these hormones. Some people suffering from depression, anxiety, stress etc. have no secretion of these hormones, no matter what a happy news or situation they face. Thus they can never be happy. From this, we can conclude that happiness is the product of biochemicals. It is the matter of inner world rather than that of the external world. Now the question arises- how are these hormones secrete? The simple answer is a balanced and healthy life. Again a question arises- how can a balanced and a healthy life be achieved? There are various methods for it. Let us talk about them.
Secret 1: Yoga and meditation: Regular practice of yoga and meditation helps to keep the body active and healthy, and mind peace and happy. It eliminates diseases and maintains the good functioning of the body. It helps to meet the goal of life.
Secret 2: Right Food: Of course, food should be nutritious and healthy with correct way and time of eating. But this is not sufficient. The food we eat must be from right earning. The food earned from unwholesome act makes the blood profane, degrades the level of mind. Earning by harming other is said to be a wrong way of earning. Only right food can keep one happy secreting happiness hormones and providing good health.
Secret 3: Right Aim: Working with the wrong intention takes the person to the misery. Speak or act with the wrong aim, it brings only misery. The aim which is against the goodness of others and oneself is the wrong aim. Any ambition which creates or promotes other and oneself wellness is a wrong aim.
Secret 4: Right Effort: No matter we have right aim, but we also should have the right way to achieve it. Achieving the aim through the wrong way of effort can never give happiness. Let’s say our aim is to bring peace in the country. This is right aim because peace is necessary for all. But, If we engage in unnecessary war in the name of peace, then we never achieve peace. War has always negative effects for both teams.
Secret 5: Creative task: We have to be engaged in a creative task in free time. It removes boredom and stress. It decreases Alzheimer’s diseases, heart diseases, depression etc. It keeps away from negative thoughts providing a way to perceive the world positively. Creative activities achieve the source of happiness. Engaging in a creative task helps to regenerate brain cells, awakens inactive portion of the nervous system.
Secret 6: Company with better people: Our habits, attitudes, and way of thinking turn into the style of the company with whom we stay. Company with wrong people makes us negative and company with better people makes us positive.
Secret 7: No expectation from others: We have a habit of expecting from others. Whenever our expectations do not get fulfilled we become sad. Depending on other, hoping something from other gives sadness as our home may not be fulfilled always. It doesn’t mean to be hopeless. It means to say that we should be self-dependant. Besides, we should not be affected by others behavior. Being affected by others’ behavior is to give the key to our happiness to them. People behave and act as per the level of their mind. You have nothing to give and take from the status of others’ mind. So be neutral in their behavior and activities.
Astrology (Jyotisha) is a very famous subject in Hindu philosophy. It is the part of the knowledge from Vedas. Astrology is based on the planets of the solar system. Astrology believes that the energy of the planets can affect positively and negatively in our life. In the birth chart of the person, there are 12 houses with different placement of the planets. The birth chart is made by the date, time and place of birth. By the birth, chart astrologer can predict the future of a person, tell your past, remind your inner capacity and show the right path in your life.
We can see many people wearing different Gems on their fingers. Why do they wear the gems? Gems can bring positive change in your life. Gems can save us from the negative effects of the planet. A gem is not worn only for its brightness. Gem has the divine energy to solve the problems. Gems are related to the energy of the different planets of our solar system. We have to wear gems according to the placement of the planet of our Birth chart. If the planet is positive in our birth chart but the planet is very weak to give a positive result, then we wear gems to accelerate the energy of the planet.
Each planet is in a different place in our birth chart and they move from one to another. All planets have their own time period to move from one house to another. Movement can bring the planet in different houses in certain time. The particular planet which is placed in the birth chart in the present moment can affect our life. All nine planets have their degrees and they give result by their power of the degree. Young planets can give the 100 percent of the result but infant and old planet can give the negligible result in our life.
We can decrease the negative effect and increase the positive effect of the planet by different remedies. Among them, gems remedy is very famous and easy to apply but we have to be very careful with it. We have to council with a very experienced astrologer before wearing the gem. Gem only increases the power so we have to wear the ring of the planet which is able to give us the positive result in our life and the planet is lower in its degree.
In the ancient time, the great sages knew the colour of every planet and identified the gems according to their colours. Gems can connect with the energy of the planets and increases the effect of the planets in our body. Every planet has their different types of gems. Gems can capture the energy of the planet and helps to enter the energy in our body.
Planes and their related gems
There are 9 planets in our solar system according to the astrology even there are 8 planets according to scientists after 2006. Nine planets have their virtues and qualities. The nine planets give us the result by their virtues and qualities.
- Sun:The sun is the sign of life energy which gives the vitality in our body. The gem of the sun is Ruby. Ruby balances the temperature of the body and maintains the mental balance. If the sun is positive in the birth chart, then astrologers recommend wearing Ruby. It increases the fame and respect of the person in the society. It is related to the father.
- Moon:Moon represents the psychological aspects of our life. It also represents the higher intuition power of the person. The related gem of the moon is the white pearl. White pearl controls the emotions of our mind. This helps us to gain the peace at the home. It can give us the benefit of transportation in our life.
- Mars:This is the planet which is the symbol of courage and endurance. The related gem for mars is Red Coral. Red Coral increases the warmness of the body and strengthens the digestive power.
- Mercury: Mercury is the planet which is the force of speech, behaviour and business. If this planet is positive, the person becomes good in trade and speaking capacity. The related gem of Mercury is Emerald. Emerald increases the intellectual capacity. It balances the mind.
- Jupiter:This planet is associated with generous quality of human. This is the sign of intellectuality and wisdom. It plays the role to expand the humanity in the world. The related gem of the Jupiter is Yellow Sapphire. Yellow Sapphire gives you spiritual progress. It teaches you to use the knowledge properly.
- Venus:Venus is the sign of creativity, fine arts, beauty, luxury, romance, marriage reproduction power, and love relation. The related gem of Venus is the Diamond. Diamond gives you the prosperity. It gives you the positive perspective of love and beauty.
- Saturn:Saturn is concerned as a negative planet but it is the sign of our Karmic debt and justice. It gives us the justice in our life according to our Karma. If we do positive Karma, we can get the positive result and if we do negative Karma, we get the negative result. Anyway, it is not negative because it can give us the natural justice in our life. The related gem of Saturn is Blue Sapphire. Blue Sapphire increases the logic and the feeling of justice. It gives you the technical knowledge too.
- Rahu: Really Rahu and Ketu are not the planets but they are the shadows of the planets. Both are shadows to cause eclipse in the solar system. Rahu is the sign of fame, material goods and attachment. The related gem of Rahu is Gomed. Gomed balances the hormones of the body.
- Ketu:Ketu is the sign of enlightenment, liberation and spiritual growth. It is the cause of nonattachment with the materialistic things. The related gem of Ketu is Cat’s Eye. Cat’s Eye protects us from the negative energy in our body. If Ketu is positive, it can protect us from the negative effects of other planets.
We can increase the power of the planet by using different Gems. If the planet is very good in the placement but unable to give its fruit properly, then we use different types of Gems according to the planet. We have to be careful when we use the gem on our finger. We have to consult with a perfect astrologer before that