Setu Bandasana- Its Procedure, variation, and advantages
Setu Bandasana is a Sanskrit word. ‘Setu’ means dam or bridge and ‘banda’ means a lock. Setu bandhasana can be both restorative posture and dynamic way of practice.
Steps of Setu Bandasana
- Lie supine on the floor. Keep a thick blanket or something like that under the shoulder to protect the neck.
- Bend the knees and fix the feet on the floor, heels close to sitting bone.
- Lift the tailbone upwards towards the pubis. Claps the hand below the waist and stay on the tops of the shoulder.
- Lift the buttock until the thighs are about parallel to the ground, calves are perpendicular to the floor. Lengthen the tailbone towards the backs of knees, lifting the pubis towards the navel.
- Lift up the chin little-bit away from the sternum and pull up the top of the sternum towards the chin.
- Stay on the pose observing the respiration and sensation for 1 minute or more.
- Slowly, release the pose.
- Improves blood circulation and digestion.
- Calms nervous system, alleviates stress and mild depression.
- Stimulates thyroid, parathyroid, lungs, heart, and belly.
- It is therapy for hypertension, osteoporosis, and sinusitis.
- Relieves asthma, high BP, menopause.
Lower back sensitivity, the shoulder injury and a Neck-injured person should practice only under the supervision of experienced yoga master.
see more blog posts here