Marjaryasana-Bitilasana- Cat -Cow Pose
‘Marjaryasana-Bitilasana’ is a combined pose that resembles cat and cow. It is an easy and gentle pose. It warms up the spine and belly.
- Place the hands and knees to make the back in a tabletop position. Knees should be directly below the hips and hands are perpendicular to the floor.
- With an inhalation, lift sitting bone and chest towards the ceiling, allowing the stomach sink towards the floor (This is Bitilasana ie cow pose). Lift head up and sight forward.
- Exhale and round upper back towards the sky. Drop the gaze to the navel pressing hands and feet into the earth. This is Marjaryasana ie cat pose.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
- Improves balance and posture.
- It messages and stimulates organs in the stomach.
- Increase coordination; creates emotional balance, improves the mental peace.
- Gives good exercise to spine and neck.
For neck injury, take guidance and keep the head in a straight line following the torso.
You may like