Candle Gaze Meditation- Introduction
Candle gaze meditation is an open eye meditation where you stare at flame of the candle without blinking or letting your eyes water. Candle gazing is different from other types of meditation because most of the mediation is done by closing our eyes focusing attention inward.
However, candle gazing is a different type of meditation where you keep your eyes open and focus on an external object. Candle gaze meditation is also known as trataka, which helps to bring energy to the third eye, increase concentration and memory. It is considered a type of hatha yoga, which helps with spiritual advancements. It helps to challenge our thoughts and focus our mind.
When you gaze at a candle, your gazing should only be focused on flame of the candle. This allows your mind to fully focus on the candle on candle gaze meditation and everything in the room faces for you. At the same time, an invasive thought or distractions also fades away. This helps us to keep our mind to zero and remove all the negative thoughts from our mind.
How to perform candle gazing meditation?
Same to other meditation, choose peaceful and dark space where you will not be disturbed by external affairs. Choose a dim light more than bright and close the curtains if it’s daytime. Remove all the distractions like food, gadgets, etc. Place candle at a level and wear comfortable clothes.
Sit in cushion so candle flame is at eye level and about 2 feet away. Sir straight in a comfortable position. Breathe and gaze continuously at candle. Focus on the sensation of light and inhale the positive energy. When you are done with meditation, lay down and close your eyes for a certain time. This will allow human system to get back into awareness.
Significance of candle gazing and candle gaze meditation
The colour of candle also indicates so many things. Every colour of candle holds different quality. White colour holds purity and innocence, gold holds prosperity and wealth, violet and indigo holds commitment and imagination respectively.
Similarly, blue holds creativity, turquoise holds independence and green holds forgiveness and freedom. Yellow colour candle is for ambition and power whereas orange is for sensuality and sexual energy. Red and pink holds the quality of courage and empathy respectively.
Tips for candle gazing meditation
The benefits of candle gazing meditation will enhance if we follow certain tips and rules.
- It is better to practice this meditation on an empty stomach during early morning hours or evening hours before going to bed.
- Choose a decent sized flame by adjusting the wick size. It is to achieve a better after-image of the flame and to visualize with proper concentration.
- You do not need to adjust your eyes. The brain will slowly help you to adjust your eyes while gazing on the flame.
- The mediation will be better with a soothing classic music or aum dhun.
Benefits of candle gazing
From opening our third eye to improved eyesight and many more , this simple meditation technique can beautifully amend our body. The benefits of candle gaze meditation are listed below:
- It improves concentration, memory and intelligence.
- It enhances self-confidence and power.
- It calms the mind and provides inner peace.
- It helps to overcome mental, behavioral and emotional aliments.
- It deepens our sleep and cures sleep-related disorders.
- It cleanse the etheric body.
- It strengthens intuition and clairvoyance.
- It also improves eyesight and vision.
Precaution: You need to take care of your eye while doing this. If you do on wrong way it might gives the problem in your eye sight. To protect your eye you may see the ayurvedic way of eye care daily.
Unlike other mediation, candle gaze meditation is all about sensing the flame of candle with open eyes and to focus your mind at a particular thing only. It is a powerful practice that you can easily incorporate into your routine and enjoy its benefits.