In Sanskrit language, Utthita means extended and Trikona means triangle. Utthita Trikonasana means an extended triangle pose.
Steps to do Utthita Trikonasana
1. Stand in a straight pose like in Tadasana.
2. Slowly jump your legs about 4 feet. Set your arms parallel to the floor.
3. Turn your right leg in 90 degrees and set your left leg 45 degrees.
4. Set your left hand on the left ankle and shin.
5. Stay in this pose at least for 15 minutes.
6. Do the same process from the right leg.
Benefits of Utthita Trikonasana
1. It can improve the digestive system of our body.
2. It helps us to be rid of the stress.
3. It is helpful to the people who have an infertility problem.
4. It strengthens all the parts of our stomach.
1. You don’t have to do this pose if you are suffering from diarrhea.
2. You should avoid this pose if you have a headache and low blood pressure.
3. If you have the heart problem, neck pain and high-blood pressure you have to apply special precautions while you do this yoga. For that, you have to consult with your yoga teacher.