Mantra meditation powerful technique to control your mind
Mantra meditation is one of the most popular forms of meditation practiced worldwide. Apart from being the popular form of meditation, it is also one of the most powerful manifestations of the meditation. Their wide array of scope in the mantra meditation. Likewise, the mantra meditation has been widely studied by the Hindu as well as Buddhist.
The word Mantra has Sanskrit origin and has been derived from the two words is a Sanskrit word man means “mind” or “to think”) and tra means to “protect”, to “free-from”, or “instrument/tool”. The conflation of the two words makes the mantra the tools of the mind or the tool that sets the mind free.
Chanting of Mantra has great power. It recharges our mind keep it very fresh. Through the means of chanting and some sort of visualization, we move towards the nothingness and try to achieve sunya ( nothingness)
Kinds of Mantra
Usually, the mantra is in the Sanskrit language thereby making it difficult to comprehend the meaning of the words. However, the mantras can be translated too in the native language. Notwithstanding that the sound and the resonance that the sound produced is most often heard in the Sanskrit language. Mantra differs from one another. Some are limited to one-syllable whereas others are long and made up of many words.
How does mantra meditation work?
Mantra is such a powerful tool that can be useful in either way. It can be recited as well as listened to. The recitation of mantra soothes the mind. The repetition of the Mantra makes the soothing stronger. Mantra meditation can be conflated with other forms of yoga-like doing breathing, visualization meditation, chakra cleansing, etc.
Purpose of Mantra Meditation
The key purpose of the Mantra meditation is to keep your mind busy. The mind keeps on chattering and thinking, it is the work of the mind to think and churn. If we do not have any sort of work mind travels to the past or think about the future. Therefore, to keep the mind busy as well as in the present moment Mantra can be a key weapon.
Furthermore, Mantra aids you to transform consciousness. However, it is not easy to understand among the readers about mantra meditation. In short, the mantra we recite vibrates in a certain frequency; the frequency they reverberate is called resonance. The resonance produces a certain quality that affects the state of the mind and consciousness of the mind. When we repeatedly repeat the sound, we become conscious of the present state.
Benefits of the Mantra meditation
- Aids to improve the mood of the practitioners and helps in the total well-being of the person.
- Helps to relieve the person from anxiety, stress, hormonal misbalance in women, depression, Obsessive compulsion disorder, and many other maniacs and mood swings which are the part of the mental disorders.
- The body gets rejuvenated and the person feels less tired.
- Helps in voice modulation and overall make your personality stronger.
- Helps to improve verbal memories and improves visuospatial.
- Natural breathing rhythm is achieved by practicing mantra meditation. However, to reap the benefits one must practice mantra meditation for a longer period. There is nothing called instant benefits. Nevertheless, the practitioners will start reaping benefits after a few days of practice.
- Increase the concentration power. Mantra meditation aids you to increase concentration. It is not easy to practice meditation, mostly for the monkey minded people it is nothing but tough. Mantra meditation is the key technique to keep up the higher concentration in any sort of work.
- Helps to keep you mentally and spiritually strong. In other words, your Emotional Quotient(EQ) and Spiritual Quotient (SQ) rises sharply.