Chakra meditation is a powerful meditation which can activate seven energy centres of our body and gives us unlimited benefits in our life. Chakra meditation is the real medium to purify our 7 chakras and enables us to be free from the diseases. Our 7 chakras are related to the different parts of our body. The body parts which are related to our 7 chakras can be healed by purifying those specific chakras.
We can have the question what chakra is then. Chakras are the main centres of our body which plays the role to absorb the energy in our body from the universe. Chakras are called glands in medical science. Those chakras can absorb the positive energy from the universe if we can purify them. When chakras are pure, the positive energy can enter our body by the path of chakras.
Everyone wants to open their chakras to gain happiness, healthy life and prosperity. The most effective medium to make our chakras pure is meditation. Before to know about the chakra meditation, we must know about 7 chakras.
The names of 7 chakras are:
- Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra)
- Sacral Chakra (Swadhishthan Chakra)
- Solar plexus chakra (Manipur Chakra)
- Heart chakra (Anahat Chakra)
- Throat chakra (Bisuddi Chakra)
- Third eye chakra (Ajna Chakra)
- Crown chakra (Sahasrara Chakra)
Those each chakra has their own colour and mantras to open them. They have their deities. If we can open all chakras, we can become healthy, happy and joyful in our life. To gain overall satisfaction in our life our all 7 chakras should be opened.
Chakra meditation is done to open the chakras of our body. Our body is controlled by the 7 energy centres. The centres should absorb the positive energy to our body from the universe. If they absorb the negative energy, we must purify them. Yoga, pranayama and meditation are the best media to make them positive. Among them, meditation is the best medium to open our all 7 chakras. Meditation is the tool by which we can get the chance to have an energetic life. We can get the real pleasure in our life by opening the energy centres of our body. We also achieve higher spiritual experience by opening them.
Chakra meditation can be done in different ways. We can do by feeling the sensation on our chakras, by citing their related mantras. We must go into deep level first and start to concentrate in the centres of our chakras. By purifying our centre points, we can achieve our real pleasure which is the most beautiful part of our life. We can imagine the colour of every chakra when we sit in our chakra meditation.
One of the chakra meditation technique is presented here to give you the example:
- Sit or lie in a comfortable position. Take some deep breath and relax.
- Feel your body becoming lighter and lighter.
- Concentration in your root chakra. Feel that the red colour is flowing on your root chakra. Feel the sensation there and relax.
- Cite the mantra Lam inside and imagine that the energy is flowing towards your spinal cord.
- Concentrate on your second chakra, Sacral Chakra (Swadhishthan Chakra) and feel the energy there.
- Imagine that the orange colour is covering your Sacral Chakra. At last, cite the mantra Wam inside and feel that the energy goes towards up to your head.
- Now, concentrate on your Solar plexus chakra (Manipur Chakra) and feel the energy of the universe is absorbed by the chakra.
- Imagine that your Solar plexus chakra is covering the yellow colour.
- Cite the mantra Ram inside and feel the energy into your Solar plexus chakra. The power of mantra is transforming the energy towards your spinal cord.
- Now the turn is of your fourth energy centre heart chakra. Concentrate on your heart centre and feel the energy of the universe entering your heart and all the love of the universe is covering your body. Imagine that the unconditional love of the higher source is protecting you.
- Imagine that the green colour is covering your heart area. The colour gives you the positive energy.
- Cite the mantra Yam and feel that your body is being irrigated by the energy of the higher source.
- Concentrate on your throat chakra and imagine that the chakra is covered by the supreme source of the universe. The throat chakra is the centre of communication and personal truth of a human being.
- Imagine that the blue colour is covered on your throat chakra. Feel that you are blessed by the speaking power.
- Cite the mantra Ham and feel that your personal truth has been found.
- The sixth chakra is third eye chakra which is related to intuition and brain power. This is also the centre of your mind power.
- Imagine that the indigo colour on your third eye. This colour helps you to open your third eye energy centre.
- Cite the mantra Aum which can be the blessing of your life because the mantra citing gives you unbelievable satisfaction in your life.
- The last chakra is crown chakra. Concentrate on your crown chakra and imagine that the energy is flowing on your crown chakra. The chakra is related to the connection with the divine, universe and your true self.
- Imagine the white colour of your crown chakra. The white colour is the combination of all colours. The colour transfers the energy from the universe to your body.
- Cite the mantra Aum and feel that all your body is covered by the divine energy.
At last of your chakra meditation, you must suggest yourself come out from the meditation. For that the following process should be applied:
- Number one I am coming out from the chakra meditation.
- Number two I and coming out from the chakra meditation.
- Number three I and coming out from the chakra meditation.
- Number four I and coming out from the chakra meditation.
- Number five I and coming out from the chakra meditation.