500 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course in Nepal
Join our 500 hours yoga teacher training course to gain knowledge from basic to advanced level. This yoga teacher training course (YTTC) is designed for yoga student of every level from a different tradition, style and age group from all over the world.
During this advanced yoga teacher training course, you will get chance to learn all dimensions of yoga like yoga postures, pranayama, meditation, yoga philosophy, mantras chanting, anatomy, yoga detox etc. Get deeper information about the holistic approach to yoga and meditation. Learn and improve your yoga practice, in the truest sense by Himalayan yogi’s, by joining this authentic training in the Himalayas country Nepal.
This register yoga teacher training course (RYTTC) 500-hour is an internationally certified course which is designed to help you to get efficiency and mastery to the subject of yoga and meditation to teach anywhere in the world. On the other hand, those who want to self-empowerment, self-realization, and self-transformation through deeper practice can be highly recommended. This yoga teacher training course is the combined program of Register Yoga Teacher Training 200 Hours and Register Yoga Teacher Training 300 Hours at a time. This course incorporates the standards of Yoga Alliance.
This advanced yoga teacher training course is a unique, profoundly transforming course based on the ancient Himalayan and Vedic teaching system. These four informative weeks of ashram living life will gift you strength, self-discipline, inspiration, awareness of the nature of mind, body, and spirit while building a firm foundation to teach confidently to others.
Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Center offers one month (four weeks) 500 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course throughout the year. Grab this opportunity to be on your way to becoming the best teacher with our international standard yoga and meditation course. An advanced yoga teacher training course endows you with a deeper set of skills and insights for your teaching. Learn how to cultivate your passion for yoga and transform it into a professional and sustainable career.
This yoga teacher training course is beautifully designed and crafted for beginner to advanced levels, as the yoga school has set the theory and practical aspects of all aspect and dimension of yoga. During this training, you will learn a way of self-transformation and way of teaching by qualified yoga instructors.
You will learn here different skills to develop awareness, spiritual power, and positive life. This teacher training course is well designed to integrate with your true self. Through this course, your practice will be the next level to gain the ability to share it.
This course is helpful to mastering the monkey mind which is the way to open the door of relaxing and peaceful life. This is the right place to practice liberation from the bad tendencies of the mind. If you are a yoga enthusiast who wants to focus on the ultimate experience of liberation through yoga this course can guide you very well. This 500 hours yoga teacher training course will help to achieve physical, mental and spiritual benefits of yoga and meditation.
This 500-hour yoga teacher training course provides complete knowledge of all dimension of yoga: around 200 postures, classes of multi-style yoga, meditation, and pranayama, as well as yoga philosophy, chanting, yoga detox, yoga anatomy etc. This is why the course of Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Center stands out and is different than other 500-hour yoga teacher training course.
The course aims to prepare the trainees for effective yoga teachers. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be awarded the 500-hour TTC certificate. The syllabus of the course incorporates all components of the theoretical and practical aspect of yoga.
- You will be guided by an experienced and qualified yoga teachers who have several years of personal practice and teaching experience.
- Graduates will receive internationally recognized certification.
- This is right opportunity to improve your skills and knowledge.
- Very well Asana, pranayama, philosophy, mantra and meditation sessions.
- Learn techniques and style on Hatha, Kundalini, Iyengar, Shivananda and traditional Ashtanga Yoga.
- Learn the authentic form of yoga and meditation without losing the essence of its originality.
- This course is advanced in spiritual level not only in physical part of asana.
- Free Wi-Fi
- An experience of the yogic lifestyle
- Depth of knowledge in teaching postures and its alignment
- Serene environment of the school surrounded by fascinating natural beauty creates ideal atmosphere for all kinds of yoga activities.
- Learn yoga therapy and self-healing
- Deep study of breathing & mantra techniques
- Multi-style yoga principles to create new sequence
- Different types of meditation – theory, and practice
- This course starts from the beginner level acquiring the fundamental understanding of yoga and progressing towards advanced level.
Objective of the course
- The goal of this training program is to produce qualified and inspiring yoga teachers all over the world.
- This teacher training course accomplishes personal transformation and self-realization.
- To teach the way of positive transformation in humanity.
- To orient the trainees in principles and practices of yoga
- Will help to further enhance your personal yoga practices and refine your teaching skills with advanced methodologies to become a proficient yoga teacher.
- To create master level teacher, with the tools, knowledge, wisdom, and certification.
- To train the participants in the yogic lifestyle.
- To learn and understand yogic practice
- This intensive course helps the students to establish a harmony in the stressful situation.
- This training course aims to provide a solid foundation in different aspects of yogic disciplines that prepare them to adopt yoga as their lifestyle.
The 500-hour yoga teacher training course is a perfect choice for those who want to complete 200 hours yoga teacher training course and advanced 300 hours yoga teacher training course at one time. Anyone can join the course who wants to discover the peace within. The entire yoga and meditation lover can join who are:
- Beginner level practitioner
- Intermediate level practitioner
Whether you are a beginner or already have your 200-hour certificate who seeks to deepen your knowledge and self-practice, want to learn the way of peaceful mind you are welcome to join this advanced-level 500 hours yoga teacher training course, in the beautiful country Nepal. Every student can practice with their capacity enhancing their practice level. Easy going, open heart, self-motivation and positive mind are requiring for learning. To ensure the success of the program, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, meditation sessions, lectures, and asana classes.
Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Center teach all dimension of yoga which includes many styles of yoga. This 500-hour yoga training course includes multi-style yoga , science of breath, philosophy of yoga, mantra chanting, multi-style meditation, six yogic cleansing (shat karma), energy activation through pranic lock (Bandha) and yoga gestures (Mudra), yogic relaxation, yogic anatomy and physiology, asana alignment, yoga teaching practice, yoga teaching methodology. We are mainly focusing following style:
- Hatha yoga
- Kundalini yoga
- Iyengar yoga
- Traditional Ashtanga yoga
- Shivanand yoga
- Restorative yoga etc.
We are certified by both yoga alliance U.S and Yoga Alliance India. Upon completion of this course, students will receive certificate affiliated with Yoga Alliance. Registration with Yoga Alliance provides a globally recognized credential.
An internationally accepted certificate will be given from Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Centre certified by Yoga Alliance upon completion of yoga training course. Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Center is a sister organization of Nepal Yoga Home. Nepal Yoga Home is one of the first yoga schools which has registered to yoga alliance for 500 hours yoga teacher training course in Nepal.
You will stay in a building of Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Centre where you get your peaceful space for learning, Nepali and vegetarian meal, yoga work, and ashram life experience. Accommodation will be simple like yoga ashram and bathroom with hot shower. You will see a beautiful view of natural beauty. We provide share room in package price but if you need private you have to pay an additional cost. Living in the yoga ashram life enables students to focus intensively on their training, away from everyday tasks and distractions, fully immersing themselves in a process of learning and self-discovery.
During this training, you will enjoy a daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner and delicious Nepali tea. Please be aware that the meal & beverages that are included in the course program and package are Nepali, vegetarian, yogic food. If you need additional food/ dislike the food or want to try other meals you can buy from the nearby restaurant.
There is a maximum group size of 25 students for this training program. The purpose of the micro group is to ensure quality teaching so that the participant will be able to understand the principles and practical techniques effectively to be a qualified yoga teacher.
Curriculum of the 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course
The course curriculum of 500-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course consists of the structured combined syllabus of 200 hours and 300 hours syllabus including the techniques and practice of, asana (physical posture), pranayama (breathing technique), Dhyan (meditation), yoga philosophy, shatkarmas (yogic detox), bandhas, mudras, relaxation techniques, mantra chanting, yoga anatomy etc.
The curriculum of the course and its teaching modules are carefully selected and sequenced to develop a structured progressive approach, from beginner level to advance level. The syllabus contains deeper theoretical and practical aspects of the yoga and meditation. Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Center teaches an integral approach to physical health, emotional balance, and mental and spiritual clarity. The main topics which are included in syllabus are as follows:
1. Asana (postures)
- Pranayama (breathing science)
- Mantra Chanting
- Anatomy and physiology
- Bandhas (energy awakening)
- Mudra Vijnana (Science of Gestures)
- Yogic detox (Shatkarma )
- Yogic Relaxation
- Yoga philosophy, Lifestyle and Yoga Ethics
- Teaching practice
This is great opportunity to learn asana in depth. You will learn name (Sanskrit and English), modifications, contra-indication, benefits, alignment, a combination of asana with breath and awareness etc. These postures can be modified and are suitable for everyone from beginners to advance level. A student will clear how does yoga posture brings health and happiness to our life. You will come away with a thorough knowledge of the sequence of many asanas. This course includes around 200 asanas. These asanas can be modified and are suitable for everyone from beginners to advanced and offer a holistic approach to health.
A daily teaching practice class is devoted how to teach and sequence asanas and pranayama. A daily asana practice class gives you the opportunity to practice your own asanas and will help to build the good habit of practice. You will learn the following topic:
- Hatha yoga Asana
- Iyengar style Yoga Asana
- Shivananda style Yoga Asana
- Traditional Ashtanga Asanas
- Joint movement exercises
- Warm up exercises
- Moon salutation and sun salutation
- Standing asanas
- Sitting asanas
- Lying asanas
- Twisting asana
- Inversion asana
- Balancing asanas
- Meditation asanas
- Benefits of asanas
- Forward bending Asana
- Backward Bending
- Spinal twisting Asana
- Thunder-Bolt (vajrasana) Group Asana
- Lotus (Padmasana) Group Asana
- Modifications of yoga asanas
- Alignment and art of adjustment
- 200 asanas and its variation
Pranayama (breathing science)
‘Prana’ means life energy and ‘Ayama’ means expansion. “Pranayama is a way of expansion of life energy”. One can control the rhythms of prana (inhalation and exhalation) with pranayama and achieve still and peaceful mind. To discover the healing potential of your breath, pranayama is the best tools. Pranayama has lots of benefits like: purifies the blood, purifies the nervous channel, improves concentration, develops strength, reduces stress levels and helps with sound sleep. Pranayama is an ancient yogic breathing technique that is used as preparation for meditation and is a vital aspect of practicing yoga. Pranayama is effective to remove the objection of flow of energy. Pranayama changes our chemistry of the body and develops a positive attitude, mental calmer and spiritual realization. You will learn:
- Introduction to science of breath
- Normal physiology of pranayama
- Position of pranayama
- Ratio of breathing practices
- Guidelines for regular pranayama
- Pranayama and therapeutic benefits
- Prana in daily life
- Guided meditative pranayama
- Mantra and pranayama
- How to expand the capacity of the lungs.
You will learn the following pranayama:
- Natural breathing
- Abdominal breathing
- Thoracic breathing
- Clavicular breathing
- Yogic breathing
- Micro Yogic breathing
- Kumbhaka pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama -Alternate nostril breathing
- Sheetali pranayama-Cooling breathing
- Sitkari pranayama- Cooling breathing
- Kaki pranayama- pranayama for beauty
- Ujjayi pranayama – Victorious breathing
- Bhramari Pranayama-Humming bee breathing
- Bhastrika Pranayama – Blood purifying breathing
- Surya Bhedi Pranayama- Right nostril breathing
- Chandra Bhedi Pranayama- Left nostril breathing
- Nadi Sodhana Pranayama- Nervous channel purifying pranayama
- Kapalabhati (Stomach cleansing pranayama) etc.
To find inner silence, mental clarity and tranquility meditation is one and only ancient art. We are offering multi-style of meditations under the guidance of the highly experienced teacher. This yoga and meditation teacher training course is designed to give you an experience of your pure nature, in which your ego dissolves and you’ll find inner silence. Most of the schools they offer a single style of meditation. But Nepal Yoga Teacher Training and Research Center offers the different style of meditation under the guidance of very qualified yoga guru (Master).
- Breathing meditation
- Buddha style of meditation
- Dynamic meditation
- So Ham meditation
- Mindfulness meditation
- Guided meditation
- Walking meditation
- Jyotir Meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Chakra meditation
- Aumkar meditation
- Silence meditation
- Vipassana meditation
- Kundalini meditation
- Soul meditation
The mantra is the way to minimize unnecessary thoughts and to liberate from thoughts. Mantra chanting generates vibrations which are fundamental tools to balance mental and emotional problem. The mantra is a great science of sound energy which will be taught during this yoga teacher training course. By purifying our minds with mantras improves concentration, reduces stress level, finds liberated mind. The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate good vibrations to heal the mind and ultimately to connect with the universal energy. Each mantra has good vibration and rich with spiritual energy.
- Introduction to science of mantra
- Gayatri mantra
- Guru Vandana (prayer to guru)
- Maha – mirtyunjaya mantra
- Shanti Mantra
- Mul mantra for life transformation
- Mantra for meditation
- Surya-namaskar 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- Selected yoga-sutras recitation
Anatomy and physiology
Normal understanding of the physical body will help to understand benefits and impact of asana and pranayama. There are two kinds of yoga anatomy, physical and spiritual. In physical anatomy, you will learn brief overview which includes the muscular system, skeleton system, digestive system, respiratory system, the circulatory system, nervous system, endocrine system, organs etc. On the spiritual anatomy, you will learn major nadis, seven chakras, five layers of the body, five pranas etc.
- Basic knowledge of body systems including the skeleton, respiratory, digestive, circulatory, nervous, and endocrine systems.
- Introduction to Yoga anatomy and physiology
- Psychic physiology of yoga: Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna
- Kundalini energy
- Endocrine system and the chakras
- Pancha tattva (five great elements)
- Panchakosha (five sheaths)
- Pancha pranas (five vital energy)
- Diet and nutrition
- Science of mental and spiritual health
The teacher will explain different human systems and its effect of yoga. This will allow you to go deeper into the physiological understanding of yoga.
Bandhas (energy awakening)
You will learn following things in bandhas;
- Introduction to yogic bandhas
- Awakening and controlling of energy by (bandhas)
- Jalandhara Bandha (throat lock)
- Moola Bandha (perineum contraction)
- Uddiyana Bandha (abdominal contraction)
- Maha Bandha (the great lock)
Mudra Vijnana (Science of Gestures)
You will learn following things in mudra:
- Introduction to mudras and their importance in yoga practices
- Mudra and its psychology
- Five prana mudra: prana-mudra, Apana-mudra, Samana mudra, Uddayan mudra, Vyana-mudra.
- Five element mudra.
- Hasta, hand mudras
- Jnana Mudra (psychic gesture of knowledge)
- Chin Mudra (psychic gesture of consciousness)
- Yoni Mudra (attitude of the womb or source)
- Bhairava Mudra (fierce or terrifying attitude)
- Hridaya Mudra (heart gesture)
Mana, head mudras:
- Shambhavi Mudra (eyebrow centre gazing)
- Nasikagra Drishti (nose tip gazing)
- Khechari Mudra (tongue lock)
- Kaki Mudra (the crow’s beak)
- Bhujangini Mudra (cobra respiration)
- Bhoochari Mudra (gazing into nothingness)
- Akashi Mudra (awareness of inner space)
- Shanmukhi Mudra (closing the seven gates)
- Unmani Mudra (the attitude of mindlessness)
- Prana Mudra (invocation of energy)
Kaya, postural mudras:
- Vipareeta Karani Mudra (inverted psychic attitude)
- Yoga Mudra (attitude of psychic union)
- Pashinee Mudra (folded psychic attitude)
- Manduki Mudra (gesture of the frog)
- Tadagi Mudra (barrelled abdomen technique)
Bandha, lock mudras
- Maha Mudra (great psychic attitude)
- Maha Bheda Mudra (the great separating attitude)
- Maha Vedha Mudra (the great piercing attitude)
Adhara, perineal mudras:
- Ashwini Mudra (horse gesture)
- Vajroli Mudra (for men) (thunderbolt/spontaneous psychic attitude)
- Sahajoli Mudra (for women) (thunderbolt/spontaneous psychic attitude)
Yogic detox (Shatkarma)
Your bodies are always working hard to eliminate toxins if we support the body it easily can remove the toxins. Due to bad food habit digestive systems are under a lot of strain to process smoke, caffeine, alcohol, preservatives, fast food and other toxins that regularly feature in the modern western diet. Stress, anxiety, and negative thought patterns are also major toxins that impact on the physical and emotional health. This detox course helps for both physical and emotional detoxification. You will learn six detox process and fasting techniques to optimize your health in the future. This course will guide you towards a deeper understanding of your body and your relationship with food, and teach you how to detox at home by yourselves. Yogic cleansing processes are helpful to incorporate your health and happiness. Yoga detox removes the blockages in the energy channels and unnecessary toxic from body. The course includes:
- Jalaneti (nasal cleansing with salt water)
- Sutra-neti (nasal cleansing by thread)
- Kunjala (cleaning of upper track of digestive system)
- Trataka (candle gaze)
- Agnisara Kriya (Cleaning of stomach by prana)
- Kapalbhati (Strengthening of digestive system)
- Nauli Kriya (Churning and cleaning of stomach)
- Vasti Kriya ( cleaning colon by water)
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Full body relaxation
- Tension relaxation
- Heart center yoga Nidra
- Relaxing subtle body
- Chakra relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation
- Mental relaxation through auto-suggestion.
Yoga philosophy, Lifestyle and Yoga Ethics
Yoga philosophy is the foundation of yoga practice and is the key to earn yogic principle and yogic life. To understand the yoga in its original form yoga philosophy is very helpful. Through the path of yoga philosophy, you will establish a solid, well-rounded yoga practice.
- Meaning of yoga
- Definition of yoga
- What is meditation?
- Why meditate?
- Effects of meditation
- Mantras as spiritual energy in sound
- General introduction of a different kind of yoga
- Yoga philosophy in daily life
- History of Yogic science
- The Yoga-sutras of Patanjali
- Emotional purification through yoga
- Understanding the mind and its four aspects
- Five Vritti’s modifications of the mind
- The mind and meditation
- Inner wisdom – how to access and activate your own inner guidance
- Astanga-yoga: Yama, Niyam, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, Dharana, dhyana, and samadhi
- Introduction to Vedanta (Yoga of the Upanishads)
- The yoga of the Bhagavad-gita
- Daily lifestyle of a yoga practitioner
- Human Life: Meaning & Aim of Life
- Five koshas – layers of human existence
- Panch-Klesha (Five causes of miseries)
- Nine hindrances of yoga practice.
- Explanation of pratyahara (withdrawal of the mind from the senses)
- Explanation of Dharna (concentration)
- Dhayan (meditation)
- Samadhi (state of liberation)
- Functional model of 7 chakras from philosophical point of view
- Ancient texts of yoga tradition etc.
This Yoga teacher training course will guide students towards sharing yoga knowledge with others. You will learn to teach different types of yoga classes like Hath Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Restorative Yoga, meditation, Pranayama, traditional Ashtanga Yoga, and much more. The experienced teachers will provide the expert guidance on how to teach and improve yourself and your way of teaching. You will learn:
- Learning to instruct and guide
- Sequence in teaching,
- Classroom Organization
- Health Concerns
- Modification in posture
- The role of good teacher
- How to initiate teaching of yoga
- Learn how to make lesson plan
- Feedback etc.
- How to teach the basic postures
- How to teach breathing exercises
- How to teach meditation
- General pointers on teaching a class
- How to teach advanced postures
- How to do correction
- In the second half of the training course, participants will teach each other under the guidance of an experienced instructor.
Evaluation and examination
During 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training course the students are continuously assessed throughout the course which will be helpful to pass on their happy and peaceful life rather than in copy. There will be a practical test to evaluate the understanding and skills of the students. There may be open book exams. The main purpose of each exam is to stabilize the information for a long duration and not for earning a grade.
What is included?
- Three vegetarian/ Nepali meals per day
- Three cups of teas per day
- Detailed teaching on all dimension of yoga.
- Weekend celebration activities like bhajan, kirtan
- Simple accommodation for spiritual learning
- Full support during your stay at the institute and help provided 24 hours
- Yoga Alliance certified certificate upon completing the course
- Local sightseeing exploration guidance
What’s not included?
- Additional activities
- Airport transfer
- Yoga books
- Day trips
- Additional Meals
- Personal expenses
- Yoga dress
- Private yoga mat
Reservation and cancelation policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the booking is canceled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
- The money will not be refunded after starting the course but can be rescheduled if the emergency case has happened.